Monday, 28 September 2015

It Makes Sense - But Not Money

I've just got six to nine months worth of reading for less than the cost of a Starbucks coffee.  I recharged my Kindle with about 15 new books, all from the Amazon free listings.

So, I've got over a dozen new writers to discover and this dozen or so new writers have got a potential follow up reader.  Better still, I've got months of reading for less than 3 quid.

Fantastic.  Everyone's a winner.  Only, they're not.

What's to stop me doing the same thing in six months times and getting a load more free books?
How is this going to generate any notable income for hard pushed indie / self-published writers?

Free promotions can work, I'm doing one myself in early October - but you can overdo it.  I've read three books by the same author and never paid a penny for the privilege.  The guy seems to have his entire back catalogue available in ebook form for free.

There is one new writer whose debut novel got me hooked though.  I'll be keeping an eye out for more of this writer's work - and be more than willing to pay to read him.

The writer is Rex Ivar and the book in question is called Chosen.

I got the book for free and really enjoyed it.  So it's a small price to pay to try to promote a fellow writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment